Melt in your mouth Almond Pastry Cookies, perfect for Easter Brunch and special occasions! These are truly WOW cookies, your family and friends will be asking for the recipe.
A cookie base made of soft flaky pastry dough, topped with an easy almond filling and baked till golden brown. Then topped with sliced toasted almonds and a sweet icing drizzle. You can’t go wrong with this specially made cookie!
Best Baking Tips
- Read the recipe in full before beginning: Maybe a basic step, but it’s good to keep in mind. Knowing what ingredients you need, and steps that are coming up are another key to making sure everything runs smoothly. It only takes a couple of minutes and can save ingredients, time and your nerves!
- Use room temperature ingredients: Get in the habit of pulling refrigerated goods, such as butter, milk, eggs, etc. prior to baking. It’s one of the fundamental measures to flawless baked goods. Allowing ingredients to blend and form an emulsion that traps air. When baking in the oven, the trapped air expands and produces steam which makes baked goods rise and become fluffy. Not to mention it makes the job easier too! Have you ever tried to beat a cold stick of butter? Only use chilled ingredients if the recipe stipulates you should do so, such as pie crusts.
- Keep your oven door closed: Oven temperature can certainly ruin a recipe. One of the easiest ways to throw temperature off is by opening and closing the door constantly. Letting cool air in and interrupting the entire baking process, including how your goodies are rising. Turn your oven light on and watch through the window if you are able and if not then wait till your timer goes off. Quickly remove from the oven, close the door quickly, test for doneness. If more time is needed put back in the oven promptly.
How to Pan Roast Almonds
Roasted sliced almonds add a brilliant taste and crunch to this delectable cookie and a million other dishes. Find our recipe and the method behind the mad flavor here Pan Roasted Almonds!
Please Pin Our Recipe to Share with Your Friends!👇🏼
How to Make Almond Pastry Cookies
- Pastry Crust:
- 2 cups/240 grams unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (227 grams) butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (115 grams) cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups (150 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups/300 grams confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup/60 grams butter melted
- 1/2 cup/55 grams toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the pastry crust, stir together the flour, sugar, and salt. Mix in the butter and beat until combined. Add in water and continue to mix with your beater until pastry holds together in a ball. Roll out pastry to 1/4" thickness. Using a cookie cutter of your choice, cut your cookies. We used an egg cup to make these little bites and were able to make about 50 cookies. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and set aside.
- For the filling, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add in the egg, powdered sugar, and almond extract. Beat again until combined and smooth.
- Add filling to piping bag and pipe a thin layer on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- For the glaze, beat together sugar, butter, water, and almond extract. Once smooth and while pastry cookies are still warm, drizzle glaze over top and sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds.
- Prep time is approximate.
- Once completely cooled, cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- To ensure they remain soft add an uncooked flour tortilla on the top and bottom of the cookies.