Almond Pastry Cookies
Melt in your mouth Almond Pastry Cookies, perfect for special occasions and pretty much any day treat! These are truly WOW cookies, your family and friends will be asking for the recipe. Based on a soft flakey pastry dough, topped with an easy almond filling and baked till golden brown. Then topped with sliced toasted almonds and a sweet drizzle, you can't miss with this perfect cookie!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 50 small cookies approx.
- Pastry Crust:
- 2 cups/240 grams unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (227 grams) butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (115 grams) cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups (150 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups/300 grams confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup/60 grams butter melted
- 1/2 cup/55 grams toasted sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
To make the pastry crust, stir together the flour, sugar, and salt. Mix in the butter and beat until combined. Add in water and continue to mix with your beater until pastry holds together in a ball. Roll out pastry to 1/4" thickness. Using a cookie cutter of your choice, cut your cookies. We used an egg cup to make these little bites and were able to make about 50 cookies. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and set aside.
For the filling, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add in the egg, powdered sugar, and almond extract. Beat again until combined and smooth.
Add filling to piping bag and pipe a thin layer on top of each cookie.
Bake for 20-22 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
For the glaze, beat together sugar, butter, water, and almond extract. Once smooth and while pastry cookies are still warm, drizzle glaze over top and sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds.
- Prep time is approximate.
- Once completely cooled, cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- To ensure they remain soft add an uncooked flour tortilla on the top and bottom of the cookies.