Blueberry Lemon Quick Bread
This ultra moist Blueberry Lemon Quick Bread is easy to make and totally yummy! We love lemon and this recipe is the perfect blend of fresh blueberries, lemon, and a sweet glaze. Served warm with butter, the slices disappear fast!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (180 grams) all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (76 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (200 grams) sugar
- 2 eggs large room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
- 2 cups (200 grams) fresh blueberries, frozen can substitute
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (100 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest
- 2 and 1/2 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter melted
- Pinch of Kosher Sea Salt
Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C, butter and flour 9x5 inch loaf pan, or line with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Then in a separate bowl, blend together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix until well combined but don’t overbeat.
Slowly add the flour mixture and milk in two batches (1/2 flour, 1/2 milk, then the rest of the flour and the rest of the milk).
Stop mixing as soon as it's just combined.
Rinse off the blueberries, leaving a little moisture behind.
Toss the blueberries with the 2 Tablespoons of flour. Remember this keeps your berries afloat
Gently fold, by hand, the flour covered berries into the batter.
Immediately pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool bread in the pan for about 30 minutes.
Move to a wire cooling rack with a baking sheet underneath.
Prepare the Lemon Glaze glaze by whisking together the confectioners’ sugar with the lemon zest, lemon juice, butter, and sea salt until smooth.
Drizzle glaze over the top of the cake, letting it drip down the sides. Allow it to sit for 20 minutes until the glaze is set.
- Prep time is approximate.
- To store any quick bread, place in a plastic zip bag, seal and keep at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Freezer storage: Wrap tightly in heavy-duty foil and place in a freezer bag, freeze up to 3 months.