Thanks ever so much for the nomination, Katie! One of the best parts of blogging is meeting a diverse group of people that are on the same path. All with different stories and objectives but the common denominator of connecting with others and sharing knowledge and stories.
Mean Green Chef
Mean Green Chef was conceptualized around food, science, technique, and art. It’s the partnership of a chef (me) and an artist (Craig) who are constantly on the hunt for beautiful gastronomy, accurately defined as the science of good eating. While we share great recipes, it’s our goal to inspire people to learn that the ingredients they have on hand can be utilized to create amazing dishes. Once there is an understanding of ingredients and how they pair, then there’s power in cooking!
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Season With Authority, Restaurant Style Flavor For The Home Chef!
Get the latest in kitchen science, recipe creation, food photography and more by joining our weekly email list!
We launched Halloween of 2018 and have grown at a phenomenal pace. We’re currently getting ready to launch our Flavor Profiling Course; The Art of Flavor Profiling. We look forward to the journey ahead, thank you all for your readership!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Link to the blog of the person who nominated you.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 more bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
“When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.” ~VBA WP
You can read a little more about the VBA Award and download the badge for your site if you’ve been selected here.
7 facts about us in no particular order 🙂
- Craig and I met in the cheese section at a local grocer, it’s a cheesy story! We both have a sorted love of all things cheese, an aptly sarcastic sense of humor and love of vinyl records. We’re each other’s champions and hold hands while falling asleep.
2. I’m from NYC and high up in Adirondacks, I grew up in professional and home kitchens and have been cooking since I was five. Learning under the best chefs and bakers in my life, they gave me skills in baking and savory foods. My first dish was Chicken Piccata and I think I made a hundred versions after, standing on a stool over a gas flame a love was born. My family was in the business and I adored (and still do) the fast-paced intensity of the kitchen.
A bit about Craig
3. Craig grew up in Nijmegen Holland, he speaks Dutch, French, and Afrikaans (a Dutch dialect). He paints large scale canvas artwork and is also a custom wooden boat builder by trade. He and his father Theo built their family sailboat from steel and circumnavigated the globe twice! Like they literally sailed around the world! How cool is that? The boat is named Stella Maris (meaning; Star of the Sea) and she’s currently docked here in Florida.
4. I helped paint the boot stripe this past year on Stella who was out of the water for a full body paint job, during the rainy season. I’m terrified of heights so 8′ of scaffolding is like teetering on the edge of the Empire State Building lol My painting skills end at boot stripe.
5. The most unusual musical item that can be found in our home is a didgeridoo and Craig’s bagpipes!
6. I only tell Duck Jokes…quack quack Craig has the rest covered!
7. We’re Seinfeld fans!
Here are our 15 Nominees for the VBA:
Please Pin this Post to Share with Your Friends!👇🏼
Being a great blogger requires constant dedication and persistence. All of the above blogs are great reads, that entertain and teach. And there are so many more, so if you have been nominated then be sure to nominate the blogs that you love. Thanks so much for being a part of MGC!